Datasette 0.53 -
datasette serve --create option,
?column__arraynotcontains= table filter,
?_header=off CSV option and updated links to reflect the new project website.
Datasette 0.52 -
--config is now
database_actions plugin hook,
datasette publish cloudrun --apt-get-install option and several bug fixes.
Datasette 0.51 - A new visual design, plugin hooks for adding navigation options, better handling of binary data, URL building utility methods and better support for running Datasette behind a proxy. Annotated release notes.
Datasette 0.47 - Datasette can now be installed using Homebrew!
brew install simonw/datasette/datasette. Also new:
datasette install name-of-plugin and
datasette uninstall name-of-plugin commands, and
datasette --get '/-/versions.json' to output the result of Datasette HTTP calls on the command-line.
Datasette 0.46 - security fix relating to CSRF protection for writable canned queries, a new logo, new debugging tools, improved file downloads and more.
Two new plugins: datasette-copyable and datasette-insert-api.
datasette-copyable adds copy-and-paste export options, and
datasette-insert-api lets you create tables and insert or update data by POSTing JSON directly to Datasette.
- Fixed bug where users with a
"someusername_password_hash"value defined in
metadata.jsonbut no corresponding
"actor"record were incorrectly signed in as an actor with
"id": "username", when they should have been signed in as an actor with
"id": "someusername". #14
Datasette has an official project website now, at https://datasette.io/. This release mainly updates the documentation to reflect the new site.
?column__arraynotcontains=table filter. (#1132)
datasette servehas a new
--createoption, which will create blank database files if they do not already exist rather than exiting with an error. (#1135)
?_header=offoption for CSV export which omits the CSV header row, documented here. (#1133)
- "Powered by Datasette" link in the footer now links to https://datasette.io/. (#1138)
- Project news no longer lives in the README - it can now be found at https://datasette.io/news. (#1137)
- Correctly parse column links. #3
- Show a message encouraging mobile users to rotate to landscape. #2
- Switched CI to GitHub Actions
- Fix for error caused by combining the
- Chart rendering now takes place in a subprocess with a 5 second default time limit. Time limit can be customized using a new
render_time_limitplugin configuration option. #4
- Show pysqlite3 version on
/-/versions, if installed. (#1125)
- Errors output by Datasette (e.g. for invalid SQL queries) now go to
- Fix for a startup error on windows caused by unnecessary
from os import EX_CANTCREAT- thanks, Abdussamet Koçak. (#1094)
- Form inputs are now wrapped in a paragraph, making form less cramped when displayed next to metadata. #12
- Fixed bug where static assets would 404 for Datasette installed on ARM Amazon Linux. (#1124)
- Generated columns from SQLite 3.31.0 or higher are now correctly displayed. (#1116)
- Error message if you attempt to open a SpatiaLite database now suggests using
--load-extension=spatialiteif it detects that the extension is available in a common location. (#1115)
OPTIONSrequests against the
/databasepage no longer raise a 500 error. (#1100)
- Databases larger than 32MB that are published to Cloud Run can now be downloaded. (#749)
- Fix for misaligned cog icon on table and database pages. Thanks, Abdussamet Koçak. (#1121)