With more and more learning happening online, many educators are using Google Classroom to create virtual spaces in which to share and grade assignments, create discussions between students and teachers, and allow students to track their progress. You can invite students to join your classroom at any time and in multiple ways, but one of the simplest is simply by sharing the classroom code.
A Google Classroom code is a unique series of letters and numbers that identifies a particular course. By entering this code into the Google Classroom website or app, a student can enroll themself in the course with ease.
How to find your Google Classroom code
Once you have your class code, share it with your students so they can enroll in your course.
1. Go to the Google Classroom website and sign in to your account.
2. Click on the class card for the course you want to know the code for.
3. The class code will appear under the course name in the header graphic.
1. Open the Google Classroom app on your device.
2. Tap the class card for the class you want the code for.
3. Tap the gear-shaped Settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
4. Scroll down to the "General" section and the class code will be listed there.
Note that while a student can add themselves immediately to the course via class code, they're free to unenroll at any time.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Get the latest Google stock price here.