Mid-Senior Software Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ | Engineering - Software Development | Full-time
Come to work at Green Light and be a part of a dynamic and energetic group of people on a mission to help employer health plan dollars go as far as possible.
WHY WORK WITH US
If you enjoy hustling your features to avid users, innovating and developing technology solutions for customers, and learning from world-class industry experts, then Green Light is the place for you!
Green Light is a healthcare technology company comprised of passionate, kind, and innovative people, who are disrupting the healthcare cost management landscape. The engineering team is a critical component to the mission and is tasked with building and enhancing applications for both internal and external use-cases, with extremely high uptime requirements. You will contribute your talent and efforts to several websites and services that are built upon our Elixir-based tech stack, making sure that we meet our high-quality product objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Working with Elixir, React, PHP, and SQL Server.
- Delivering product features across the UX, API, and services layers.
- Collaborating with your team to develop beautiful interfaces that look great and run smoothly.
- You will be responsible for critical applications and will collaborate with lots of great people across various teams and functions.
- Working with your peers on tools to improve our joint dev experience.
- Participating in group ownership of the systems we build, by triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
- Learning best-practices knowledge around our tech-stack.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 3+ years of experience writing front-end applications.
- 3+ years of experience working with a server-side language such as, but not limited to, Node, PHP, Elixir, Go.
- Attention to detail and user experience "feel".
- Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance and responsiveness.
- Experience with a front-end framework/library such as React, Vue, Angular.
The $1 trillion employer-sponsored healthcare system is broken. In an effort to manage health plan costs, employers have engaged the services of the healthcare cost management industry, to save money wherever possible. In fact, the healthcare cost management industry thrives on high prices, and has little incentive to address the underlying problems that drive the unsustainable trend of increasing costs for employer health plans. Why…? Simply because they profit from the inefficiencies and abusive billing practices by healthcare providers, rendering the healthcare cost management industry part of the overall cost problem.
So effectively, the industry in place to fix the healthcare cost problem has no incentive to actually solve the problems driving the unsustainable cost trend in healthcare? That’s correct, the industry’s goal is actually to manage the problems and preserve the status quo as long as possible, as their existence depends on it. At Green Light, we’re working for change, where we attack the issues at their root cause, in an effort to solve the problems, not manage them.
We are founded on an uncompromising belief in doing what is in the best interests of the health plans we serve. Alignment is one of our core values, we believe in doing what is in the best interests of our clients, not our own and we are committed to driving meaningful changes in the healthcare cost management landscape. Our powerful combination of technology and industry experience enables us to make saving health plan dollars easier and more productive. Our next-in-class suite of technology-driven cost management solutions raises the bar for the entire cost management industry.
Green Light is an equal opportunity employer where diversity and inclusiveness are part of the culture and a critical part of who we are. We believe that diversity breeds better products, better decisions, and a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making Green Light representative of the world we want to live in. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Front-End Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Server-side Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job