Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
flyiin provides forward-looking travel retailers with a simple way to build truly user-centric flight booking experiences based on direct connections to their partner airlines. Startups, marketplaces, corporations, destination marketing companies and social networks will use its Airline DirectConnect Platform to design experiences for their users to easily search, compare and buy flights and related services directly with airlines.
Relaunched in 2018, the Berlin-based travel technology startup currently works with innovative players like Qixxit to help them deliver the level of product transparency and choice long expected by air travellers.
- You will team up with a group of fellow software engineers and a Technical Product Manager, with the goal to develop our Airline DirectConnect Platform based on the requirements of our launch customers (travel retailers), and on the capabilities of the APIs of the airlines we are integrating into our platform.
- You will take part in the integration of selected airline APIs into our platform, with the goal to achieve a harmonised level of functionality and content across all airline APIs, which we will connect our platform to.
- Together with your fellow software developers, you will build up the functional capabilities of our platform in the areas of flight search, booking, payment and servicing, and expand those as the capabilities of the airline APIs increase.
- You will also work with members of other teams with similar functions and skills and working within the same competency area. As a Senior Elixir Software Engineer, you will be part of our Elixir Software Engineer circle, and participate in all decisions related to the improvement of our Elixir code base and K8s infrastructure.
If you have...
- Production experience in general backend development
- Any relevant experience with Elixir (whether in a production environment or from pet projects)
- Passion for clean, maintainable and testable code
- Good understanding of functional programming concepts and concurrency problems
- Solid knowledge of the principles for building highly scalable, distributed systems
- Experience with Phoenix (or the desire to learn it quickly)
- Knowledge of web standards and modern browsers (HTML5, CSS)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, Websocket)
- Good understanding of APIs and proficiency with data exchange formats and protocols
- Appreciation of the importance of prototyping and iterations in defining the most appropriate solution to a specific problem
- Experience in managing, leading and coaching teams
- Solid organisational and communication skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (English is the company’s official language)
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Using Elixir as your programming language of choice
- Airlines, and most specifically airline sales and distribution
- Open source and emerging technologies
- Working with people from different parts of the world and with different professional background and skill set
- Contributing to developing a company’s culture and dynamics, and make it a more efficient and fun place to work
- Being part of something big that has the potential to transform a whole industry
- Highly collaborative and multidisciplinary teams
- Systematic feedback and knowledge sharing
- A “bullshit-free”, lean and focused work environment
- Passion for software craftsman shift
- Proactivity and interest in learning and expanding your skill set
- A high level of self-reliance and a strong sense of initiative
- Have already built Elixir-based platforms running in production
- Have deep understanding of Erlang/OTP or familiarity with any other BEAM based language
- Production experience with technologies around XML (XSD, XSLT, WSDL)
- Any history in building data intensive systems
- Production experience with any other functional language
- Have already been in a similar role and helped build up a technology company from scratch
- The opportunity to join a company at its origin stage, which will grow fast
- The chance to work with very enthusiastic and experienced people who all share the strong desire to shake a whole (and huge) market up
- The option to home office one day a week, and to work remotely two weeks a year from any geographic location
- Regular “Knowledge sessions” on topics such as online travel, airlines, technology and digital products
- A competitive salary and a training and development budget of €2000 per year
- Work and live in Berlin! It is one of the most creative, culturally diverse and affordable cities in the world
- Get relocation and visa support
- Your daily dose of coffee, beverages, fresh fruits, snacks… and of course Friday beers
Thank you for considering a career at flyiin GmbH. Please fill out the following form. In case you are experiencing problems with the document upload, mail your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.